We have recently been granted permission to utilise a new, larger building as our new Masjid.
The new building is located approximately half a mile from our current location. The building is an old, disused church that was most recently used as a martial arts gym, but has been abandoned for a number of years. We have agreed a purchase price of £200,000 for the property and until we have the funds we have agreed a deal to lease the building for up to 3 years. With all works completed, we anticipate the Masjid to be able to accommodate approximately 700 worshippers and around 30 cars on the on-site car park.
As of April 2017 – the Masjid building has been purchased.
In addition to the £200,000 purchase price, work and renovations for the Masjid are to cost an estimated £150,000. Work is to be carried out in two phases, as detailed below:
- Internal insulation
- Draft proofing
- Furnishing (Lighting, Radiators, carpets etc)
- Installation of administration office
- Certify Gas Water and Electricity lines and appliances
- Installation of toilet/washing facilities
- Installation of kitchen
- Car park renovation
- Boundary wall restoration
- External cosmetic building restoration
- Drainage Facility
- Install classrooms for teaching/training
- Installation of 1st floor prayer hall and extension work
- Facility for a conference hall
- Facility for a library